If you have a chainsaw, you know that it can be very helpful around the house. But in order to keep it in good working order, there are things that you should do to make sure that your chainsaw is ready to go when you need to use it. Below are five maintenance tips that you can use for keeping it running well.
1. CORRECT RATIO OF OIL AND FUEL
When you want to make sure that the chainsaw is ready to use, one of the most important things that you can do is to ensure that you have the right amount of oil and fuel in your chainsaw’s fuel tank. This will make sure that it’s safe for you to use.
2. BAR OIL RESERVOIR MAINTENANCE
It’s important that you are looking at the reservoir for your bar oil. This is what makes sure your chain is well lubricated and reduces that friction in between the bar and chain. Usually this will need to be filled whenever you put fuel in your chainsaw. When you make sure the reservoir is full, it’s going to extend the life of the bar, sprocket and chain. You want to use the correct seasonal bar oil, too.
3. USE THE RIGHT TENSION ON THE TRAIN
You can determine this when you lift your chain out from your track so that you can just see the bottom part of the chain’s teeth. This chain also should snap right back if you have the right amount of tension.
4. MAKE THAT YOUR CHAIN IS SHARP
Your chain on the saw might become dull as time goes by. If the saw is dull and needs sharpening, there is some signs that you should look for:
- Your chain isn’t pulling itself in when cutting wood. This means that you have to force the cutting by putting pressure on your engine.
- When you are making vertical cuts, your chainsaw is making fine sawdust rather than coarse strands.
- There is smoke rising up although chain lubrication is working and you have the right chain tension.
- Your chainsaw is bouncing and rattling when you’re cutting so that it’s hard to get a precise position.
If you’re noticing any of these signs when you are using your chainsaw, your saw chain needs to be sharpened or replaced.
5. HAVE AN AIR FILTER THAT IS CLEAN
Your chainsaw’s air filter keeps debris such as dust and dirt from getting into the carburetor of your chainsaw. This can have a negative impact on the engine as well as hinder its performance when it’s not maintained properly. Make sure that you are regularly cleaning or replacing the air filter so that you have the best performance and that you are preventing costly repairs as time goes by.
These are five easy things that you can do to ensure that you have a chainsaw that’s ready to go when you need it to work. They are simple and they can help you with saving a lot of money on repairs and problems when using your chainsaw.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
Florida Tree and Ground is a family owned company dedicated to satisfying the needs of our customers. We have a wide range of services, and our goal is to make your life easier by doing the work that you cannot. If you have any questions regarding our company or services, contact us today, we would love to help!